Our VBAC class is for pregnant or non-pregnant families preparing for a Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC). This class is open to women who have had a previous cesarean birth and their partners. We encourage both to attend but partners are not required to do so.
The class covers all of the relevant topics for families who have experienced caesarean birth(s) and are planning a vaginal delivery for their next one.
Class is taught by Jordan Smith Saalfrank (www.healingforbirth.com) - a birth doula with 10 years experience, Childbirth Educator and Masters level Social Worker, who provides:
- evidence-based, researched information on the risks associated with a repeat caesarean versus VBAC
- an opportunity to work through processing and learning from previous birth experience(s)
- tools to gauge whether a care provider is truly supportive of VBAC
- information on how to assemble the birth team that’s right for each family
- skills to navigate the hospital system during labor and birth
- refresher childbirth education to ensure families are equipped with accurate knowledge of the "normal birth process’
Come and learn all you need to know in order to navigate your way through a VBAC!
VBAC PREPARATION CLASS
Each class includes two sessions