Our VBAC class series is for pregnant or non-pregnant families preparing for a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC). This class is open to women who have had a previous cesarean birth and their partners. We encourage both to attend but partners are not required to do so.
The class covers all of the relevant topics for families who have experienced cesarean birth(s) and are planning a vaginal delivery for their next one.
Our instructors for this class are Lindsay Davidson, a midwife, and Lauren Hale, a birth doula and student midwife.
This class provides:
- evidence-based, researched information on the risks associated with a repeat cesarean versus VBAC
- an opportunity to work through processing and learning from previous birth experience(s)
- tools to gauge whether a care provider is truly supportive of VBAC
- information on how to assemble the birth team that’s right for each family
- skills to navigate the hospital system during labor and birth
- central refresher childbirth education elements to ensure families are equipped with accurate knowledge of the "normal birth process"
Come and learn all you need to know in order to navigate your way through a VBAC!
VBAC PREPARATION CLASS
Each series includes two consecutive sessions (Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30pm)